Friday, March 17, 2017

50's Housewife comes Home, Organizing your day

 
    You wake up on Day One of being home...You can't believe you are actually here? Even the sun is shining as if to say...this is going to be a great day...but...now what do you do? You've never been here before.   The first thing I did when I came back home was...sat around and caught up with hanging out with Netflix and playing all the Candy Crush I wanted and cooked occasionally, ate sweets and gained 15 lbs. SERIOUSLY!!! But...it was glorious!  I got some stuff accomplished but it was like playing hooky from life and Pajamas worked just fine when you are staying home.  Once I came out of the sugar stupor I realized I was wasting the time at home that I so desired to have back. I thought..."this is never going to work out without a plan". So, the first thing I did was to make a plan. What I was going to accomplish each day...and made it sort of a to do list.  I had a ton to do with closing my business and selling my inventory...taxes etc. So, I had to tackle that first and any leftovers from my 'past' life. Then...I broke up the days with a sort of wish list and some things I have still not accomplished...like Sundays Rest/Family Day.
But here it is such as it is. You will have different rooms, a different life...maybe a few kids rooms, Homeschooling etc. I usually will have some old TV show on in the background while I do some of these chores...especially Ironing and folding laundry. I Love Lucy...Leave it to Beaver...etc.



My menus for the week reflect my busy days or Craft Day are leftover or simple meals. Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday...maybe a store pizza, or frozen Ravioli with leftover sauce I always seem to have in the freezer, Hot dogs on the grill etc.  I have a few quick meals for these days also.


Daily:
Dishes, wipe down counters, wipe down stove top, sweep kitchen floor, make the bed, pick up the house (not cleaning just picking up and putting things away) and the Work of the Day...or Room of the Day
Personal care
I tried to go to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday..sometimes not so successful. But I do go to bed early because I realized at night was when I wasted the most time on the computer.  During my 50's experiment I was reading books or magazines before bed which was way cozier...and I was reading books that I had bought years ago on subjects I was interested in and had gathered dust waiting for me to pick them up...hmmm...I need to adopt that as a regular night time thing instead of being kept awake by the computer.  Anyway, So I set a timer on my phone that would go off at the same time every evening to tell me it was time to start getting ready for bed. Sometimes I ignore it and always regret it.  When I wake up I take my morning  medicine, start coffee, while coffee is brewing I go and wash my face, lotion, brush my hair and brush my teeth. I have to wait 30 minutes before I can eat or drink after my pill...bummer to have to wait for coffee. Then I go and write in my journal...it keeps me organized and also when I need to vent, the journal gets it instead of someone else :) Finally, Coffee...read my bible for a bit...then get dressed, feed the chickens and let them out in the yard. collect their eggs. I have 8 baby chicks I am caring for right now so I take care of their needs next. I have a homesteading accounts book and write in how many eggs I collected and either look at a list already made for the homestead for the day, or start a new one. So, I am taking care of my household chores while also doing a large "Victory Garden" and chickens and honey bees. Around 3pm I stop whatever I am doing and wash up and start dinner if it is a day to cook...Oh Yeah..somewhere in there I get dressed for the day. It really depends on how cold it is outside as to when I actually do that. We heat with wood so the Living Room is toasty while the Bedroom may be freezing! 
       
 I hope that gives you motivation to plan your own weeks, without a plan, without aim, the days just slip away.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad that I saw this post. It is informative blog for us and we need this type of blog thanks for share this blog, Keep posting such instructional blogs and I am looking forward for your future posts.
    บริการทำความสะอาด

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Thank you so much for your comments. I tend to be a bit busy during the warmer months and this blog gets put on the shelf. Gardening, Canning etc. takes up my days...but I will be back on this soon.

      Delete
  2. Well, Thank you so much for your comments. I tend to be a bit busy during the warmer months and this blog gets put on the shelf. Gardening, Canning etc. takes up my days...but I will be back on this soon.

    ReplyDelete