Saturday, February 4, 2017

Day 4 Saturday Morning in the 1950s


 So many great memories of binge watching Cartoons on Saturday Morning and other shows that I absolutely loved! The Little Rascals had to be one of my all time favorites and I remember trying to put on shows just like them with my friends. One memory is charging a quarter, large sum, and this one kid complained to her mother after the show that I took her money. I was forced to give it back to her...I was not a happy camper. I mean...she did get to watch the fabulous show I put on. 

 The other Shows that I watched that were not Cartoons on Saturday...or maybe it was during the week...who knows. The Winchel Mahoney Show...still remember the theme song by heart to that one "hurray, hurrah its Winchell Mahoney time..." Sandy Becker, Soupy Sales, and best of all...WONDERAMA. I think that the reason I like Wonderama best is that the kids got to win an incredible amount of toys! 




I totally forgot about Clutch Cargo...LOL! But I have Little Rascal and Bullwinkle tapes I can throw in while I finish up a bit of housework.
 I do wish I had some of these Tom Terrific shows. Such a wonderful time being a kids back then. Total fantasy without the adult world. Now it seems cartoons are geared to all with innuendo unnecessary for kids and humor that is much darker than what would be allowed in the 50's

     So, today I am headed to a sock knitting class. I received as a Christmas gift from one of my daughters. Very excited. I love the opportunity to sharpen and add to my skills with knitting. 




   So far, what I miss the most from the modern world is...the Microwave!!! Now I need to remember to drink my coffee after I pour it instead of getting distracted as it gets cold fast! I need to think ahead when it comes to thawing something out for dinner. Last night I had to run into town to pick up my daughter from work. I had just taken out the Lasagna before I left, when I got home it was no longer piping hot, which should be expected after being gone almost an hour. But I looked with longing at that microwave, waffled between cheating or getting over myself or heating up the oven to throw it back in for a bit. I ate it warm instead of going throw the trouble of reheating it. What looks like an inconvenience to me...now, was a way of life without a thought...then.  Which leads me to this!



The other item I miss is the Food processor. Last night's dinner would have been much more of a breeze with that. I grated 4 large carrots and a pound of cheese by hand. Which is not to say that is a difficult task except when you get too close to the grater and it takes a layer of skin away, but let's face it, it is a heck of a lot easier to throw everything in the hopper and press a button. Okay, that is it for today. I am taking tomorrow off from blogging. Need one day I don't have to think about it. Super Bowl party at my daughter's and I need to bring something. I was thinking...Jello Shots. That is sort of 50's right? Jello? Well, I will think of something I am sure. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment